Van Beek & Co., was established over 40 years ago, and has a great reputation for long-term relationships with our clients. We have a small office that never exceeds more than 20 people, even during the busy season. Our busy season runs mid-January through the first part of April. We try to balance busy season with perks, and the possibility of additional time off other times throughout the year. We believe in promoting both the firm as a whole, and the individuals who work here.
We have an immediate opening for a part time or full time Tax Preparer. This position requires continuous learning and applying technical skills to effectively work as part of a team. Effective communication skills are a must as you will be working with complex accounting tax engagements. We will consider candidates who have prior experience in business or accounting, that value client relationships, who are willing to take initiative and are driven by the opportunity to excel and grow within the business. Option to take a provide Tax Preparer course and earn your Tax Preparer Certification We provide a friendly, team oriented work environment, flexible hours, training and advancement opportunities.
- Perform individual income tax returns
- Works as an effective team member to complete projects and tasks
- Develops technical skills on the job and through CE
- Performs research on accounting principles and tax law
- Self directed learner who can multi-task between projects
- Builds strong working relationships at peer and client levels
- Associates or Bachelor in Business preferred, but not required
- Option to take paid Tax Preparer training course
- Prior experience in accounting, or public accounting is a plus
- Works well with various software programs
- Excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude with initiative for growth opportunities
In addition to a vibrant work environment, with a very collaborative and interactive office, we offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package that includes: competitive salary and bonus compensation (depending on experience), accrued paid time off, paid holidays, a variety of health insurance plans, dental insurance; long and short term disability insurance; and 401(k) profit sharing.
If this all sounds great, and you want to be considered as a candidate for the position of Tax Preparer, then please follow the steps below exactly. Applicants who follow these steps, and match our desired criteria, will be contacted for an interview. We are hoping to fill this position as soon as possible.
Send one email to email@example.com – please note, any submissions received via any other avenue will not be considered. Your email should contain the following:
- Subject of email: Tax Preparer
- Cover Letter (either in pdf format as attachment, or in the body of the email)
- Please make sure you share relevant experience; and tell us what intrigued you about this job posting
- Attached CV or Resume in pdf or Word format
- In the body of your email, please answer these quick questions (no more than 3 sentences per question):
- How would your last boss describe you?
- How do you negotiate a stressful situation
We look forward to hearing from you!